Videochatting is awesome for connecting with friends, colleagues, and friendly strangers, but, without some method of recording them, it's easy to forget what was discussed.
Fortunately, Vectera makes it simple to record and share your video meetings with anyone who missed or whoever wants a refresher. Here's how it works:
Recording a Meeting
- Download and install the Vectera Helper browser extension (exclusively for Google Chrome)
2. Launch a meeting room from your dashboard
3. Click on the extension at the right side of your address bar
4. Click on Start recording to - well, start recording
5. You'll see the Recordings button flash when the recording is in progress
Stopping or pausing a recording
Hit the Recordings button and click on "Stop", to stop the recording and click "Pause" to pause the recording:
Accessing your recording
1. Hit the Recordings button again. An overview of all your local and uploaded recordings will pop up
2. Hit the Preview button to see the recording (opens in a new tab)
3. Click Upload to Vectera Cloud to upload the recording and make it accessible to anyone with access to the meeting room.
If you have access to a meeting room, you'll be able to view and download all uploaded recordings in that meeting room.
4. Delete the recording with the Delete button. Temporary local recordings will be automatically deleted after a certain period of time (could be hours or days), so make sure to up- or download them in before it's too late!