Vectera requires WebRTC to be enabled in your browser. This is the technology where the audio-, videoconferencing and screen share is based on. It's possible to enable/disable this in your browser or in ad-blockers/extensions. Make sure to enable WebRTC!
Enable WebRTC in your browser
In all browsers (Google Chrome, Safari, Opera and Brave) WebRTC is enabled by default, except for Firefox. To enable WebRTC in Firefox, follow these steps:
- Navigate to about:config in your browser's address bar.
- Search for media.peerconnection.enabled.
- Double click on the item in the list to set the value to 'True'.
Now you can reopen your meeting room and enjoy using Vectera!
If the webRTC block was not due to the setting in Firefox, it's best to check if your ad-blocker or another extension in your browser is not disabling WebRTC.
Enable WebRTC in your ad-blocker
There are numerous ad blockers available and they usually serve a great purpose: making your experience on the web smooth and ad-free.
As advertisers get more creative to pass their message to you, ad blockers become more potent in blocking all kinds of ads and connections. Some ad blockers therefore also block WebRTC connections. There are 2 things that you can do:
- Disable or delete your ad blocker. Then try to join a Vectera meeting room. If you can connect with other participants and share + receive audio/video streams, it was your ad blocker that blocked WebRTC.
If you can't find how to disable the blocking in your ad blocker's settings, we suggest joining a meeting in Vectera in another browser or in an incognito window.
- Dive into your ad blocker's settings and look for WebRTC (might be located in Advanced Settings). Make sure to disable blocking WebRTC.
Example from AdGuard:
Can't find the correct extension/add-on which is blocking webRTC? Have a look at this help article which will guide you more in detail or check out the extensions below!
Popular extensions/add-ons to check
Some popular extensions/add-ons that can influence Vectera are:
- Ublock Origin
- Adguard (when in stealth mode => make sure to unblock WebRTC)
- TunnelBear Blocker
Are there other extensions or add-ons that interfere with Vectera? Let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll add them to the list!
The Vectera team is looking forward to your feedback. Our main goal still is to improve your experience in creating online meeting rooms. Eager to get going? Log into your account or get started with a free, fully-featured trial of Vectera!