This setup describes how you can publish your meeting rooms on meet.yourdomain.com/yourname on any website. It requires just one technical step: you should know where to find your DNS settings.
The setup is simple:
- Make sure traffic going to meet.yourdomain.com points to Vectera (without people noticing it) using a CNAME record. Takes less than 1 minute.
- Tell Vectera what to do when Vectera receives your traffic by configuring the custom url & favicon in your portal. Takes 5 seconds for anyone.
1. Direct meeting traffic from your domain to Vectera
- Go to your DNS settings from your DNS / hosting provider.
- We recommend to add a CNAME record "meet" that points to www.vectera.com
Make sure NOT to proxy and use DNS only if applicable.
Note: It takes time for DNS changes to propagate through the entire internet. If you are adding a new CNAME record, this usually only takes a few minutes. If you are editing an existing record, the duration depends on the configured Time To Live (TTL)
If you have to set TTL manually, it is best to choose a low amount of seconds (eg. 3600) .
2. Set up custom url in the Vectera portal
In order to let Vectera know what should happen when Vectera receives traffic from your domain, set up your Custom meeting room domain in 'Team Management" on Vectera.com
The security certificate will automatically be generated for you by Vectera.
Now upload your favicon (the small icon you see in the browser tab title) for the full white label experience.
Hit Save and you're all done!
What you will immediately notice is that meeting urls on the dashboard now automatically start with meet.yourdomain.com
Existing meeting rooms will be redirected to that custom url.
Bonus: want to integrate your public booking pages into your own website as well? You can embed your booking pages using an iframe.
Don't hesitate to reach out to us if you have suggestions or need help.