When you have a lot of online meetings with clients, colleagues and other connections, you often upload the same documents. Therefore it's very useful to prepare a meeting room template that you can use for new meeting rooms. In this article, you can read how to create templates for your team. Only team admins will be able to create templates.
- Create a meeting room template
- Edit, duplicate or delete a template
- Create a template based on an existing meeting room
- Create a new meeting room based on a template
1. Create a meeting room template
To create a new meeting room template go to Meetings -> Room templates or open https://vectera.com/room-templates/ and click on 'Create a new room template'.
The meeting room template looks exactly like regular meeting rooms without the white label options. In the template you can:
- add whiteboards with annotations,
- upload files and images,
- prepare private notes,
- change the default meeting room settings and share settings.
You can't organize a meeting in the template window itself. That's why all the other options (eg. camera, share screen, recordings,..) are unusable and non-admins can't enter the room.
Changes in the templates will be automatically saved. To return to the templates overview you can click on the button in the blue bar 'Return to meeting template overview' at the right top of the room.
2. Edit, duplicate or delete a template
On the page of the room templates, you can find an overview of all the created templates. There are several options in the overview. You can:
- Edit the template by clicking on the name of the template.
- Edit the name of the template by clicking on the icon on the right side of the name. You will have to hover over the template row to see the icon.
By clicking on the three dots on the right end (next to the shown size) you can have a few additional options. You can:
- Copy the template ID. This is for API users only and requires a special subscription.
- Duplicate the template by clicking on Duplicate.
- Delete the template by clicking on Delete and confirming the deletion.
3. Create a template based on an existing meeting room
If you have a meeting room with some documents, private notes and settings that you would like to use for other sessions as well, you can save it as a template.
Follow these steps to save your room as a template:
- Open the meeting room settings
- Click on 'Save as template'
- Fill in a name for the template
- Click on 'Save as template'
The new template will be visible in the overview of your meeting room templates.
4. Create a new meeting room based on a template
There are 3 ways to create a meeting room with a template. You can create a meeting room in the dashboard, add a template to an appointment type of your booking page and generate meeting rooms based on a template via API (integration plan required!).
4.1 Create a meeting room in the dashboard
When you've created one or multiple templates you can now create a room in the dashboard and select the template it should be based on.
- Fill in the name of the meeting room (eg. client name)
- Click on the button that shows 'Empty meeting room' and select the correct template.
- Click on 'Create' and the meeting room with the settings and documents of the template will open.
If you don't want to use a meeting room template you can leave the status on 'Empty meeting room'.
4.2 Add the template to an appointment type (scheduling)
If clients book a session with you which auto-generates an online meeting room, you will not be able to add templates in the same way as shown above. However, it is possible to add a meeting room template per appointment type. Every booked meeting of that appointment type will have the documents and settings of the template.
- Go to https://www.vectera.com/scheduling/ and create or edit an appointment type.
- In the general settings, you can select the template for this appointment type.
- Hit save
4.3 Use templates with the API
Vectera users that generate meeting rooms via the API can also create and add templates with the API. Read this help article to find out how to do this.
If you have any questions regarding meeting room templates, don't hesitate to contact firstname.lastname@example.org
The Vectera team is looking forward to your feedback. Our main goal still is to improve your experience in creating online meeting rooms. Eager to get going? Log into your account or get started with a free, fully-featured trial of Vectera!