A contact form on your website is a valuable tool that facilitates effective communication between your business and your audience. It serves as a convenient and user-friendly means for visitors to reach out to you or provide feedback. Read everything about what contact forms are and how to set them up.
In this help article
- Create a contact form
- Free vs Pro/Business features
- Contact forms overview page
- Embed a contact form in your website
- Send the data to your CRM via the Teamleader Focus integration
A contact form on your website serves as a valuable communication channel, bridging the gap between your business and potential customers. By including a contact form, you eliminate barriers to communication, making it easier for potential customers to engage with your brand.
- Efficient lead capturing: Streamline the process of capturing leads from website visitors, making it quick and hassle-free.
Easy to use form builder: You don't need a designer or technical expertise to customise your web forms.
More business: By simplifying the lead capturing process and minimising friction, you can see a boost in conversion rates, translating into more leads and business growth.
(Optionally) Centralised communication: If you connect Vectera to your Teamleader Focus account, all leads from the contact form are stored within your CRM and there's no scattered information across different channels. Enjoy a centralised hub where you can view, manage, respond to, and nurture leads efficiently. And not only that, having everything in one centralised tool also saves valuable time! (read more in Send the data to your CRM via the Teamleader Focus integration)
The principle is very simple:
- Create a contact form in a few easy steps
- Optionally, you embed the contact form in your website
- Your leads/customers fill out the contact form on your website
- Their answers will get into your mailbox and are visible in Responses on the overview page (and optionally synced to the contact/company/deal fields of your choice in Teamleader Focus)
Create a contact form
Go to the Contact forms page and click on Get started if it's your first time creating a form, otherwise choose Create a form in the top right-hand corner.
1. Build your form
The name of the form will be prefilled as 'Form 1', but you can always adapt this.
- The name of your form is limited to max. 100 characters.
- When you change the name of your contact form afterwards, this will impact both the contact form URL and the embedded HTML of your contact form.
Fill out your question and choose the type:
- Fill out the question in the Question field
- Select a question type. Learn more about question types in this help article.
- Optionally you can make a question required. Check the checkbox to do this. When an answer is required a red asterisk becomes visible.
- You can preview the question immediately next to it. These preview fields can't be filled in with an answer.
E.g. I want to know the primary address of the company:
- Save the question
Add additional custom questions by clicking on + Add question. When all your questions are ready, click on Continue.
2. Customize your form
You can customize your form by:
- uploading a logo and favicon;
- setting up a title;
- setting a body font and size;
- selecting colors for the title, text, page background, form background and button text/background;
- setting up custom introduction, button and success page text;
- adding a downloadable file or by linking to a page with a downloadable file.
Double check everything in the preview by clicking on the maximize icon to enlarge the preview.
Learn more about customizing your contact form in this help article!
3. Powerful extensions
The powerful extensions consist of the following parts:
Set notifications for yourself, colleagues and customers.
- Notify a team member when a form is completed: select which user should receive an email notification whenever a form is completed. Uncheck the box if you don't want to be notified.
Note: this box will be checked by default and the contact form creator is selected.
- Allow respondents to get a copy of the completed form: whoever filled out the form can choose to receive a copy of the completed form on the email address they provide.
If a respondent filled out a form you have two options:
- Show the success page (cf. 'Customise your form')
- Redirect to a specific URL, e.g. a thank you page or your own website
Ask respondents to accept terms and conditions: before submitting their answers, respondents will first be asked to accept the terms and conditions.
Save the contact form and share your form or go back to the Contact forms overview page.
Free vs Pro/Business features
Number of forms
1 contact form
Multiple contact forms
Limited Question/Answer types
No access to the question types:
All Question/Answer types
Attachment fields are not available
Attachment fields are available
Edit page specific text and upload a success image.
No access to:
All customisation options
All powerful extionsion options
If you downgrade from a Pro/Business to a Free package, you'll only be able to keep one contact form active. In this case, the latest contact form you created will be active, the other ones will be deactivated.
Contact forms overview page
After you've created your contact form you'll be redirected to the contact forms overview page, where you'll have several sharing options such as copying the link to the form or embedding the form. Other options are creating another contact form, looking into the responses, duplicating forms, deactivating a form or previewing it. Read all about it here.
Embed a contact form in your website
If you want to embed the contact form in your website or as a contact widget button, you can follow the steps in this article.
Note: logo's won't show when a contact form is embedded.
Send the data to your CRM via the Teamleader Focus integration
If you connect Vectera to your Teamleader Focus account, all leads from the contact form are stored within your CRM as a contact, company and/or deal.
Create a contact, company and/or deal
The Teamleader Focus integration has some extra options. For every form you can select what should happen when someone submits answers.
- Create new contact
- Create new company
- Create new deal
Once checked, you can add tags for every module and there are a few questions that are required.
Link questions to fields in Teamleader Focus
When you fill out your questions and choose the type, you can link this question to a field in the Teamleader Focus CRM.
- You can link these questions to your contact, company or deal fields in Teamleader Focus (but the available fields also depend on your package cf. 'Free vs Pro/Business functionalities'.)
- You can also link your contact/company/deal custom fields. If they are required, then these questions will be added as form questions by default.
Vectera is looking forward to your feedback so we can offer you the best scheduling and customer meeting experience. Set up your next customer meeting right away by logging into your account or sign-up for a free, fully-featured trial of Vectera!